About me

Hi, Everyone my name is Chloe! On this blog I will be sharing my journey through learning about Ancient China. I will be posting photos, information for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient China and reflective blogs about what I have been learning every week. To learn more about who I am and where I am come from you can watch my Digital Handshake attached to the right side of my blog!

Through doing this Ancient China unit I wish to learn:

~What festivals did the people of Ancient China have and what are the reasons for having them?

~What beliefs did Ancient Chinese people have?

~How did Ancient China impact the world we live in today?

Digital Handshake

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Ancient China Hierarchy


Throughout this unit I will be writing a lot of blog posts about the research I have done about Ancient China. This one is all about the hierarchy of Ancient China and why they had hierarchy. For more information you can either read my information or even research it yourself!

To start off with I formed some questions about what I want to know about the Hierarchy of Ancient China.

1. How did the Emperor become the Emperor?

Social Hierarchy of Ancient China2. How does the Hierarchy in Ancient China work?

And the last Question...

3. How did the Hierarchy effect the people of Ancient China?

I did some research and found some interesting information about the questions above. Here are the answers!

1.
~ Emperors believed that were appointed by heaven and therefore did not need to listen or obey Humans. Normally the eldest son of the Emperor would be chosen when the Emperor at the time dies but many Ancient Chinese people didn't encourage this idea and at one point started war because of it.
Because this was the only information I could find here are some more interesting facts about the Emperors of China!
~ They expected everyone below them (all Humans) to respect them even if they are in the same family.
~In the end there was over five hundred Emperors of Ancient China.
~Emperors in Ancient China normally had several wives but only one was call the Empress.

2.
~ Most Ancient Chinese people believed in strict social groups and that the gods put you in the class that you belong in. The first class or person is the King. He is the only person in the highest class and was called a living god. The next class is the Shi class. Even though this class may seem high, they still take orders from the king. The middle class, also known as the Nong class were filled up with people like Nobles and Officials. Lastly, the bottom two classes, mostly containing  peasants or slaves weren't at all treated very well.

3.
~ Like I said in the answer before this one the Ancient Chinese people were very much stuck on the idea of strict social groups. This meant that is you were in the bottom classes life wasn't the best. Even though this sounds really harsh they believed in it and even if the bottom class had a choice they wouldn't want to disobey the gods.

Even though this has been a lot of information and probably take a long time to read, hopefully the information is useful to you in some way.




No comments:

Post a Comment