About me

Hi, Everyone my name is Chloe! On this blog I will be sharing my journey through learning about Ancient China. I will be posting photos, information for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient China and reflective blogs about what I have been learning every week. To learn more about who I am and where I am come from you can watch my Digital Handshake attached to the right side of my blog!

Through doing this Ancient China unit I wish to learn:

~What festivals did the people of Ancient China have and what are the reasons for having them?

~What beliefs did Ancient Chinese people have?

~How did Ancient China impact the world we live in today?

Digital Handshake

Thursday 5 November 2015

Reflective blog- Week 3


Research 

While doing my research the two most important things I have learnt are

~That there were more than five hundred Emperors in China and they believe they were chosen by the gods.
~ That The Great Wall of China was used for defense and that at one point a country managed to get over The Great Wall.

I am grateful that I get to learn about what happened and China and that I get to share my information with other people around the world. This unit has made me understand more about the culture and lifestyle of Modern and Ancient China. 

I used think that The Great Wall of China was only for people to walk along and that it was made over a long period of time but now I think that it was actually used for defense and that lots of people died because  the Emperor the wall built quickly.



Collaboration Project

Throughout the next few weeks I will be interacting with students and teachers from all around the world. Most of the people are either from China, New Zealand, Australia or America. I think this is a great way to learn to talk to people over a computer screen and discover things about different cultures. The group that I am in is focusing on the water conservation in China. Even though we are trying to focus on the water conservation in China lots of people have shared what is going on in their country or city. I believe this is                                                       very interesting and is good knowledge for future reference. 

To communicate with the people all around the world we are using lots of apps and websites but the main one is Edmodo. Edmodo is a really good app when you are communicate with  people from other schools or when at home with people from school. Even though I have used this app previously I ma still learning different things about it.

Here is an image of some of the responses I have sent on Edmodo!















Overall Unit

Even though I have only be doing this for a few weeks there are a few things about doing this sort of unit that I thought you might want to hear about. 

~Organisation: Doing these blogs every week and keeping up with this project can be pretty hard because I still have other school work and I also want some free time to play sports and do things that I like. I think even though its a lot to handle I am getting it done pretty well.

~ The new skills that I have learnt while doing this unit will definitely help me in the future.

In the next few weeks I may add things to this blog about the things I have learnt.


I hope you have enjoyed reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment