About me

Hi, Everyone my name is Chloe! On this blog I will be sharing my journey through learning about Ancient China. I will be posting photos, information for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient China and reflective blogs about what I have been learning every week. To learn more about who I am and where I am come from you can watch my Digital Handshake attached to the right side of my blog!

Through doing this Ancient China unit I wish to learn:

~What festivals did the people of Ancient China have and what are the reasons for having them?

~What beliefs did Ancient Chinese people have?

~How did Ancient China impact the world we live in today?

Digital Handshake

Monday 2 November 2015

Dynasty of Ancient China


I decided, considering the amount of time I have and how many blogs that I want to fill, I am only going to concentrate on one area of the Chinese Dynasties. The one I am going to focus on is called the Xia Dynasty. Here is some photos and information about the Xia Dynasty. I hope you enjoy!

Firstly, who was the leader of the Xia Dynasty and why?

The leader/ king of the Xia Dynasty was Yu the Great because he founded the Xia Dynasty. Yu the great ruled over the land of the Xia Dynasty for 45 years until he died and he son took over. This was the first known king to come  from the same family as the king prior as all of them before were chosen by ability.


What sort of Government and lifestyle did the Xia Dynasty portray?

To start off with I will talk about the Xia Dynasty Government. Xia Dynasty was a monarchy so of course as you already know from the previous paragraph it is ruled by a king. Under the king, there were several rulers that rule a small part of the land each. Everyone though these rulers were very wealthy that still followed commands of the King.

As for the lifestyle of the Xia Dynasty most people were farmers or creators. They created the bronze casting and many other everyday tools out of old bones and stone.

What dates did the Xia dynasty start and end?

The XIa Dynasty was the first traditional Dynasty ranging from the 21st to the 16th Century BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment