About me

Hi, Everyone my name is Chloe! On this blog I will be sharing my journey through learning about Ancient China. I will be posting photos, information for anyone who wants to learn more about Ancient China and reflective blogs about what I have been learning every week. To learn more about who I am and where I am come from you can watch my Digital Handshake attached to the right side of my blog!

Through doing this Ancient China unit I wish to learn:

~What festivals did the people of Ancient China have and what are the reasons for having them?

~What beliefs did Ancient Chinese people have?

~How did Ancient China impact the world we live in today?

Digital Handshake

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Reflective blog- Week 5

Today I got a chance to Skype call with my class with another class from America. Even though we couldn't see or hear them very clearly we still learnt lots of Information about living in America. We discussed things like:



Favorite foods- They said they like to eat things like biscuits, KFC and steak. I thought this was an interesting discussion as some things we like to eat too but some sounded a bit different compared to our food in Australia. They also asked if we like things like Vegemite and Tim Tams because thy are considered as Australian foods!


Festivals- We also told them that in Australia, Adelaide is considered is considered the festival state. They asked what sort of festivals we had and if they were for all ages. Some of the questions they asked about the festivals of Adelaide were a bit hard to answer as some of the things they said meant different things to what we thought.

Celebrations-  One of my fellow students actually asked this question and I thought I would share it as I found it very interesting. Different celebrations that Americans have compared to Australians include:

~They have indepent day instead of Australia day.
~We both have Christmas and Easter
~America has thanksgiving
~Australia has a public holiday for the Queens birthday


I hope you have learned a lot about America and Australia from this Blog because from this experience I know I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment